There are no Upcoming Events

Condividi contenuti

Game articles

3 risposte [Ultimo contenuto]
Lunanne
Ritratto di Lunanne
Rel.to MaintainerMagazine moderatorMagazine teamTranslatorMessenger
Iscritto: 17 Gen 2010

In the Messenger meeting I brought up the idea of having non-cyan-game reviews in the Magazine. As the comments were mixed, I decided it would probably be good to discuss this a little further. 

So the idea I have involves games that would attract to myst fans in the first place. For example "Syberia", "The Longest Journey" but possibly also Minecraft or Portal. But not Left 4 Dead 2 >.>

Of course the magazine is focused on the cavern and uru. Otherwise it would not be called "Cavern post" :P. It wouldn't be more than one page ever. I was thinking of sort of the following format. 

It's quite simple

- Screenshot

- short description/summary(what is it about, does it focus on story or not, is there violence, other things people want to know)

-reasons to play it

-reasons not to play it

Of course I am open for suggestions, comments and critic(but on content please, I know I made a typo in the picture :P). So what do you think?

Lyrositor
Ritratto di Lyrositor
WebmasterTranslatorUru2U TeamMessenger
Iscritto: 2 Mar 2012

I fully support this idea, but here are my two cents about it:

1. Should it really be "reasons not to play it"? I don't have alternative suggestions yet, but it sounds a bit too harsh, if you get what I mean.
  2. How about a summary box at the end with a grade, a recap, and a summary of +/-?
  3. We should focus on Myst-like aspects the most; that is, from the point of view of a Myst player.

Signature

Lunanne
Ritratto di Lunanne
Rel.to MaintainerMagazine moderatorMagazine teamTranslatorMessenger
Iscritto: 17 Gen 2010

It's a format I have seen in a newspaper for movies and they do really give a reason not to go to the cinema(unless in their opinion there isn't one) >.> I don't think it has to be harsh, but ever game has downsides.

I don't think it needs a summary, the +/- would probably be max 5 "bullets" each, and grading idk I think would be more a personal opinion and it is probably not going to be the same person writing each time.

Doobes
Ritratto di Doobes
WebmasterCouncil memberMagazine teamCavern CrierUru2U TeamMessenger
Iscritto: 15 Dic 2010

Lunanne wrote:
but ever[y] game has downsides.

Exactly.  No game is flawless, just pretty damn close.  Even if you totally love a game, there's always some minor detail (or several) that bugs you about it.